Nut Muffin Tops with Fig Balsamic Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 3 teaspoons Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (about 2 1/3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup unprocessed bran (about 1 ounce)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in chopped figs, fig balsamic, cranberries, and vanilla.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
Combine flours, bran, baking soda, cinnamon, and allspice, stirring with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring just until moist. Gently fold in almonds.
Drop by level 1/4 cup measures 4 inches apart on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until almost set. Cool 2 minutes on pans. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.